Learn about the Arlington area, including local arts, media, fitness, student discounts, volunteering opportunities and housing options.
Learn about some of the health and fitness resources available to students in the Arlington community.
Learn about discounts offered to George Mason students by local restaurants and stores.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?
- Check out the Online Volunteer Connection through Volunteer Arlington. Search for volunteer opportunities, check out the volunteer calendar, and get yourself connected!
- The Arlington YMCA is always for looking for volunteers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved!
- Promote wellness and vitality through dynamic programs and attractive public spaces by volunteering with Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation. Register for volunteer opportunities at DPR Volunteers
- Address the needs of the homeless by volunteering with Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network, A-SPAN website
- Are you interested in assisting area adults with improving their ability to read, write, speak and understand English? Email Literacy Council of Northern Virginia, email@example.com or visit LCNV.
- Advocate for children in abuse and neglect cases, custody cases, cases where a child is in need of services. Volunteer with Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN), firstname.lastname@example.org or call SCAN at (703) 820-9001 or visit SCAN.
- Work with homeless and low-income families and individuals in Washington, DC to help them move into permanent self-sufficiency by volunteering with Community Family Life Services.
- Work with Capital Caring, which helps families and loved ones make the most of every moment together by offering coordinated care, comfort and dignity to those living with serious illness.
- Assist Arlington residents who cannot afford to meet their basic food needs by volunteering at the Arlington Food Assistance Center. Bag, distribute, drive, help in the office, organize, assist at events.
- Interested in taking leadership in the formation of an Arlington Campus Community Service student organization? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Volunteer in local partner schools. Communities in Schools connects students to resources needed to keep them in the classroom and succeeding in life. Opportunities exist for providing academic assistance, mentoring, assisting with weekly food distributions and more!
- Volunteer to answer suicide and crisis prevention hotline calls for PRS CrisisLink. Commitment is one three-hour shift per week for one year. Age 21+. Training is provided. Apply today.