University Life Virtual Connect
Take advantage of valuable services via University Life Virtual Connect. The following services are now offered virtually for students based at the Arlington Campus.
- Connect with Learning Services. Schedule an appointment online at http://mywco.com/masonlearning for online academic coaching. 9 am-5 pm Monday-Friday. Peer academic coaches are available via video chat to assist with time management, note taking strategies, exam preparation, reading strategies, and more.
- Connect with International Programs and Services. Get assistance from the OIPS advisors based in Fairfax via Virtual Flash Walk-Ins, available from 2 pm to 4 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays in 222 Founders Hall, Arlington. In-person walk-ins are available on the Arlington Campus on Wednesdays from 11 am to 6 pm (closed from 1 pm-1:30 pm for lunch) in 222 Founders Hall.
- Connect with INTO Mason. INTO Mason provides language instruction and pathway programs to international students to aid in their success at Mason. Virtual Flash Walk-Ins are available on Tuesdays from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm in 222 Founders Hall. In addition, appointments are available Monday through Thursday in 222 Founders Hall by calling 703-993-2400.
- Connect with The Writing Center. The Writing Center offers two kinds of tutoring online. In asynchronous sessions, writers make an appointment, send a draft to the tutor, and the tutor provides written feedback on the draft. Asynchronous online tutoring is available throughout the week, by appointment. In the synchronous sessions, writers and tutors meet online in real time, using video, audio, and screen-sharing to discuss the writer’s draft. Video tutoring online is available Wednesday-Thursday evenings until 8:30 pm. To sign up, go to writingcenter.gmu.edu, register, log on to the scheduler, navigate to the “OWL” or “Video OWL” schedule.
- Connect with Career Services. University Career Services offers in-person, phone and Skype appointments. Schedule an appointment with a career counselor or industry advisor. Find a mentor through the Mason Career Link, and access career resources at careers.gmu.edu/resources including Interviewstream, Passport Career, Vault and Career Shift. (Students in the School of Business, School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, Scalia Law School, and Schar School of Policy and Government should contact the career services offices within their school for appointments and walk-ins.)